10 Nov Houston Homebrew Competition – 12 Beers of Christmas
Houston Homebrew Competition
Our friends Marcus and Kinga over at Baa Baa Brewhouse are hosting the 12 Beers of Christmas, a Houston Homebrew Competition. The competition will happen in 2 stages beginning in December, and the winner will be invited to brew their beer on a commercial scale at Baa Baa Brewhouse along with bragging rights, a trophy, and the opportunity to share their beer with thirsty Houstonians (and Brookshire-ans?) More info below, along with links to Baa Baa Brewhouse’s site and official entry terms.
The competition is open to anyone in the Greater Houston area. See if your beer has what it takes to be announced the Best Beer for the Holiday season!
How to Enter 12 Beers of Christmas – The Houston Homebrew Competition:
RSVP by sending your name, last name, phone number and email address to email@example.com. In the email title, put “12 beers of Christmas Homebrew Entry”
NO ENTRY FEE.
Please Visit http://www.baabaabrewhouse.com/ for more information. Scroll down to upcoming events on home page, and look for “12 beers of christmas – homebrew competition”
Houston Homebrew Competition Rules and Eligibility
There are 2 stages in the competition:
Stage 1, December 2nd and 3rd
General entry – any beer, any style. Twelve beers will be picked out of all entries. A judging panel will be announced week before the competition. Judges will decide 12 best of show beers which will move forward to the second stage.
Stage 2, December 10th
Public Blind tasting – the best 12 beers from stage 1 will be offered to the customers. The beer with most votes will be announced winner. The 12 best of show homebrewers will receive 32oz Baa Baa growler and fill voucher.
- Beer must be homebrewed
- Beers brewed in commercial facilities will not be allowed
- This is a beer competition only – no ciders or meads
- Entrants must be min 21 years old
- Beers must be entered in the name of the brewer
- Beer must be submitted in bottles, preferably 12oz
- The bottles must be labeled with the official Bottle ID TAG
- Bottles must be free of other labels, ink or graphics
- They will not be returned
- Homebrew entries must be submitted on Friday and Saturday, December 2nd and 3rd, 2016 between 5:00 –9:00 p.m
- Entries must be delivered along with all completed paperwork to Baa Baa Brewhouse located at 539 FM 359 Rd S #7, Brookshire, TX 77423
- The judging will take place on December 4th, Sunday (judging panel and time – to be confirmed)
- A panel of judges will evaluate each entry according to the category in which it was entered
- 12 entries will be announced Best in Show and will advance to the Blind Tasting Round
- Those homebrewers who advance to the second round will be asked to submit 64 oz. of their beer on December 9th from 5-9pm and December 10th until 4pm
- The Blind tasting will start at 6pm
Each person will be able to try all beers and cast their anonymous vote. All entrants will receive the score sheets with the judges’ comments after the competition.
Winner will be announced on Saturday, December 10th, 2016 at 8pm!Official Rules and Information
Help us spread the word for them and all the homebrewers! Beers to you, Houston!